Happy first Sunday of 2019! Who’s kicking off the new year with a healthy start? This one pot, no carb, hearty meal is a great option if you are looking to reset after the holidays. And the best part? It comes together in just 30 minutes!
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Ingredients: makes 4-5 servings
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breast Halves
- 1 Cup White or Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Cup Carrots, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Rind, grated
- Lemon Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Bunch of Kale, stemmed and sliced
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 2 Cans Cannellini Beans, drained
- 1 (15oz) Can Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1/4 Cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large skillet. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken and add to the pan. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side (although the chicken will not be fully cooked yet). Remove from the pan.
Add the onion, carrot, thyme and garlic to the pan and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
Add the white balsamic vinegar and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the kale and lemon rind and lemon juice and cook until the kale has wilted.
Add the chicken stock, cannellini beans, tomato paste, diced tomatoes and oregano to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
Add the chicken back to the pan, cover and let simmer for 5 minutes more. Serve and enjoy!